The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- Runequest - Second Edition Core Rulebook HARDCOVER Chaosium 1980 EX-LIBRIS
- Trumpeter 1 48 MiG-27 Flogger-D
- Scalextric Digital Dukes of Hazard 1969 Dodge Charger C3044
- Schumacher U6550 Mini Spike Front Tyres - Green Compound ( 12 Pairs )
- DIY Sun Earth Moon Orbital & Solar System Planetarium Model Educational Toys
- CORGI AA34702, MARTIN RB-57A, No 363 TRW, SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, SOUTH CAROLINA
- UH5305 1 32 Massey Ferguson 5713S Tractor
- WW2 5th Panzer Div. Wiking Lt. Poland 1939 Fritz 1 6
- Batman Comic Con Exclusive blueeline Edition Jim Lee SDCC 2015 Ready to ship
- Lego Batman Batman, The Riddler Chase. Flash.New, unopened retired set.
- Arcee Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Open Hand Variant MOSC New Rare
- VINTAGE ACTION MAN 40TH BASE CAMP EXPLORER
- ASTERIX AND CLEOPATRA GAF VIEWMASTER REELS ORIGINAL 1969 SET B457 RARE B172
- Dc Action Figure Batman The Dark Knight Returns Armored Batman
- Deagostini Radio Controlled Subaru Impretza Weekly Issues
- SCALEXTRIC C3064 1969 DODGE CHARGER R T GREEN USA NEW UNUSED BOXED
- Tamiya Ford F-350 Full Bearing Set 53958
- Dinky Cadillac Eldorado - Pink - Spun Hubs - A A
- Bburago Ferrari California T Dark bluee 1 18 70th Anniversary Collection BNIB
- 1 43 Minichamps 2004 ALMS Phoenix Porsche 911 GT3 (Jeannette Petty -11th)
- 8 Lego Vehicles. City & Racers Sets With 4 Minifigures.
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport